REFERENCES AND NOTES
1. Spender, S.(Ed.), Hockney’s Alphabet, Faber, 1991.
2. The Mystical Significance of Hebrew Letters. The written form of Shin comprises three linked vavs (representing the descending power from the Eternal Source) each topped with a yud (representing the Infinite).
3. Interview with Peter Wilson : .//Persepolis%20Orghast%20interview.html
4. Bardon, F. The Key to the True Kabbalah, Merker Publishing Inc. 1996. p 144.
5. Shakespeare, W. A Midsummer Night's Dream, Act II, Scene III, Lines 9-22.
6. Faas, E. The Unaccommodated Universe, Back Sparrow Press, Santa Barbara, 1980, pp.199-200.
7 Reid, C. Letters of Ted Hughes, Faber, 2007, p.338.
8 Reid op.cit. p. 648-9.
9. THCP 574.
10. Sagar, K. Poet and Critic, (British Library, 2012), TH to KS, 22 April 1980. pp. 88-91.
11. Corneille, P. Le Cid, Act IV, Scene III. First performed in Paris in 1637.
12. 'The Snake in the Oak', Winter Pollen, Faber, 1994, p.429.
13. Coleridge, S. The Ancient Mariner, Part III, lines 51-2.
14. Graves, R. Greek Mythology, Cassell Ltd. 1981, p. 24.